- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Suburgatory creator has inked a two-year overall deal with the studio behind the second-year comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Under the pact, Kapnek will continue to serve as showrunner on ABC’s Suburgatory and develop new projects for the studio.
From WBTV, Suburgatory — which stars Jane Levy and Jeremy Sisto — has been a solid performer as a lead-in for Modern Family on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. The series, which appears poised for a third-season renewal, airs its second-season finale Wednesday with back-to-back episodes starting at 8 p.m. Kapnek also directed the finale.
Kapnek, whose credits include Hung and Parks and Recreation, is repped by UTA, the Gotham Group and attorney Jamie Mandelbaum. She also created pilots Wiener Park with Donal Logue at NBC and The Emancipation of Ernesto, starring Wilmer Valderrama for Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day