- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sundance Channel is ready to hit the ground running with new miniseries Restless.
Based on the novel by British novelist William Boyd, Restless follows the story of a daughter Ruth (Michelle Dockery) who discovers that her mother Sally (Charlotte Rampling) was recruited as a spy during World War II. The Hollywood Reporter has the exclusive trailer for the upcoming two-parter and it’s every bit as intriguing as one would imagine a tale like this would be.
As the trailer suggests, it’s quite a harsh reality to be met with, finding out that all of a sudden, the mother you’ve known all your life actually has a secret life. As Ruth begins to uncover her mother’s double life as Eva Delectorskaya, we get introduced to the dangerous world that was — and is — her life.
Hilary Bevan Jones produced, with Edward Hall directing from a teleplay by Boyd. Dockery, Rampling, Hayley Atwell, Rufus Sewell and Michael Gambon co-star.
Restless is the first of three original Sundance Channel series: Top of the Lake from Jane Campion starring Elisabeth Moss and Holly Hunter, and Rectify from Ray McKinnon, which will air in 2013.
Restless premieres 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7 on the Sundance Channel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day