- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Premiering right after Sunday’s Super Bowl, The Voice already has an amazing lead-in to its Season 2 premiere after the game. But, that didn’t stop NBC from creating a commercial worthy of the big game.
“Christina Aguilera beats the crap out of me in this commercial,” Shelton said of the commercial titled “Vocal Kombat.” “And there’s fighting and it’s karate and it’s awesome.”
Directed by Friday Night Lights and Battleship director Peter Berg, the commercial is a heightened version of what the coaches engage in during the singing competition: Fighting it out until one of their team members is crowned the winner. In the promo spot, they’ll use martial arts, weapons, and sheer cunning to come out on top.
Berg directed the promo through Pony Show Entertainment, the production company that represents him for commercials. Pony Show also produced Berg’s award-winning Hulu spot for the 2009 Super Bowl, Alec in Hululand, featuring Alec Baldwin.
Take a look at THR’s behind the scenes photos of Shelton, Aguilera, and Adam Levine below.
Photo Credit: Lewis Jacobs / NBC
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day