- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s … the casting announcement everyone has been waiting for: Superman is coming to Supergirl.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the former CBS series will introduce the iconic DC Comics superhero when it moves to The CW in the fall. Superman will first be seen visiting his cousin Kara (Melissa Benoist) in National City at the beginning of the series’ second season. The role is currently being cast.
“Greg [Berlanti], Ali [Adler] and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl,” said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season, and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!”
A young Kal-El, played by Daniel DiMaggio, was already seen in season one in flashbacks to Kara’s life on Krypton, but this version will be the grown man the world already knows as Superman.
The casting will bring Superman back to The CW following the WB Network’s former Tom Welling drama Smallville.
Who do you want to see take on the iconic role? Hit the comments below with your dream casting ideas.
Supergirl returns for season two on Mondays this fall at 8 p.m. on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day