- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS’ Supergirl is bringing in Smallville‘s Supergirl — as well as fellow DC Comics character Master Jailer.
The news was announced Monday during a Television Critics Association’s winter press tour visit to the show’s L.A. set.
Vandervoort will recur as DC Comics character Indigo, a strong-willed, living supercomputer that was sentenced to Fort Rozz after turning against the people of Krypton. Now on Earth, nothing will stand in Indigo’s way. The casting brings Vandervoort back to the Warner Bros. Television fold after she recurred as Kara/Supergirl on the studio’s long-running WBTV/CW superhero drama Smallville. She will make her Supergirl debut in episode 15.
Additionally, Young and the Restless‘ Jeff Branson will recur as Master Jailer, the forceful and unrelenting jail guard on Fort Rozz who shows no mercy. Now on Earth, he’s hellbent on catching all of the Fort Rozz escapees and brutally bringing them to justice. He will debut in episode 14.
Vandervoort becomes the latest former Supergirl to play a different role on the CBS rookie and joins Helen Slater.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day