- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Supergirl continues to bring in new characters for season four, the latest being played by a very familiar face.
Brent Spiner will play a recurring role in the coming season as the U.S. vp. Best known for his role as Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation and four Star Trek movies, Spiner’s Vice President Baker is an unlikely leader who will nonetheless step up in a big way when his country needs him.
Spiner’s other recent credits include a recurring part on Outcast for Cinemax, Independence Day: Resurgence and Blunt Talk, where he recurred opposite his former TNG co-star Patrick Stewart.
Spiner is the latest addition to the Supergirl cast. The new season will also feature TV’s first transgender superhero, Dreamer, played by trans activist and actor Nicole Maines. Some familiar figures from the comic world will also be showing up: Sam Witwer is set to play anti-alien activist Agent Liberty; Rhona Mitra will play Mercy Graves, Lex Luthor’s onetime bodyguard and also a “human first” supporter; and Robert Baker as Mercy’s brother and enforcer, Otis.
The show will also pay homage to the Red Son Superman comics, as teased in the season three finale when a clone of Kara (Melissa Benoist) was created in Siberia.
Supergirl premieres Oct. 14 as part of The CW’s new Sunday lineup.
Spiner is repped by AEFH, Stagecoach Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day