- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is welcoming back a familiar face.
Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse alum Tahmoh Penikett has joined Supernatural, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Penikett will have a recurring role in the upcoming ninth season of the drama from executive producer Jeremy Carver. He’ll play Ezekiel, a “dignified warrior angel injured in the Fall.” The “Fall” refers to a scene in the season-eight finale in which angels fell from heaven to earth.
Penikett will first appear in the season-nine premiere, set for Oct. 8 at 9 p.m. on The CW. It was unclear if he will be part of Supernatural’s Chicago-set monsters vs. hunters back-door pilot slated to air later this season.
The casting reunites Penikett with The CW following a guest turn on the freshman run of Stephen Amell starrer Arrow. The actor played Tom Salvati, the right-hand man to Helena Bertinelli’s mob-boss father.
In addition to Joss Whedon‘s Dollhouse and BSG, Penikett’s credits include AMC’s The Killing, Castle, Bomb Girls and Syfy’s Continuum. He’s repped by Gersh, Red Management and Robert Stein Management.
Worth noting: Former Dollhouse guest Summer Glau is also heading to work for The CW this fall with a recurring role on Arrow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro