- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The CW is making Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans’ dreams come true.
As first reported by TV Line, Supernatural has landed Buffy alums Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters for guest starring roles, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Carpenter and Marsters will play a married couple. In a reversal of their Buffy days – when Carpenter played Cordelia, a member of the Scooby gang slayers, and Marsters played vampire Spike – Carpenter will be the supernatural, playing a witch on a rampage after Marsters’ character does her wrong.
STORY: Comic-Con 2011: Sarah Michelle Gellar: ‘I’m Not Trying to Re-Create ‘Buffy’’
Titled “Shut Up, Dr. Phil,” Carpenter and Marsters’ episode will be the fifth of the show’s upcoming seventh season.
The CW will also play home to the former slayer herself when Sarah Michelle Gellar returns to series television on Tuesday, Sept. 13 with Ringer.
Marsters’ credits include Smallville, Hawaii Five-O and Caprica. Carpenter’s credits feature stints on Greek, Veronica Mars and her upcoming turn on Burn Notice.
Supernatural, starring Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, returns Friday, Sept. 23 on the CW.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Fall TV Preview: The Complete Broadcast Premiere Calendar
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day