- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW’s Supernatural spinoff has enlisted the services of a Pretty Little Liars alum.
Sean Faris has boarded the backdoor pilot Supernatural: Tribes, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The spinoff — set to air as a planted episode on April 29 — is described as a sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans “run” the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who is trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural.
Faris will play Julian Durant, the handsome werewolf son of a wealthy family of lycanthropes who has no love for the shape-shifting Haydens, one of Chicago’s ruling monster families.
Supernatural‘s Andrew Dabb will pen the script and executive produce alongside Eric Kripke, Robert Singer, showrunner Jeremy Carver and McG. Singer will direct the Warner Bros. Television entry.
Faris has recurred as Gabriel on ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars. Repped by Gersh, Mosaic and Stone Meyer, his credits include The Vampire Diaries, Life As We Know It and Smallville.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day