- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
[WARNING: Spoilers ahead from Sunday’s Season 23 finale episode. Read at your own risk!]
Let’s hear it for the ladies!
The jury voted 6-3 in favor of Clarke against returning Survivor Benjamin “Coach” Wade. Floridian Albert Destrade was the third runner-up.
Clarke — who won three individual immunity challenges during the contest — said after she was announced as the recipient of the show’s $1 million prize, “I think I had my finger on the pulse of the game the whole time. I’m really kind of flustered right now.”
She also teared up and regretful about some of her actions during the game, which likely helped her sway the jury in her favor.
The jury admitted during the live reunion show that another competitor, returning favorite Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth, would have won the contest had he not lost the last immunity challenge and been voted out. Ozzy bested eight challengers on Redemption Island but lost in the end to Sophie.
Lusth did however, win $100,000 for being crowned the season’s Fan Favorite.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day