- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Soap star Susan Lucci spent years surrounded by fictional scandalous love stories when she starred as Erica Kane on All My Children.
PHOTOS: Famous Alums of ABC’s All My Children
But now Lucci will be exploring real-life stories of romance-gone-wrong as the host of Deadly Affairs, a new prime-time series airing on Investigation Discovery.
The network announced that Lucci will host and narrate the show, which will feature true-life tales of crimes of passion, that lead people down very dark paths.
“They are deceptive love relationships, love triangles and betrayal that have deadly consequences,” Lucci told The AP. “And they end in tragedy.”
STORY: Susan Lucci Responds to ‘All My Children’ Delay
“As Erica, I got punished for my wrong deeds,” Lucci said, referring to her All My Children character. “I wound up in jail several times, even in a blood-stained ball gown. But with Deadly Affairs, these are not characters on a soap opera. This is real life.”
Filming for the show, which will have 10-episodes, begins in March.
All My Children signed off the air after 41 years in September. It was replaced with daytime talk show, The Chew.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day