- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tony Award-winning actress Sutton Foster has been cast in a new pilot from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.
In the ABC Family project, Bunheads, Foster will play Michelle, a Las Vegas showgirl who impulsively marries a man and moves to his sleepy coastal town, taking a role at her mother-in-law’s dance school.
Foster is known for her stage work, last starring in the revival Anything Goes, for which she won a Tony. She has starred in several Broadway productions, including Little Women, The Drowsy Chaperone, Shrek the Musical and Young Frankenstein. Her work on Thoroughly Modern Millie also won Foster a Tony.
On the television side, Foster has guest starred on HBO’s Flight of the Conchords and NBC’s Law & Order: SVU.
ABC Family canceled The Nine Lives of Chloe King, renewed Make It or Break It and ordered more episodes of The Lying Game. It will also kick off its “13 Nights of Halloween” programming event with a standalone episode of Pretty Little Liars.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day