- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rollins’ (Kelli Giddish) family is coming to town this season on Law & Order: SVU.
The NBC drama has tapped Virginia Madsen to play her mother, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Sideways actress will be joined by True Blood alum Lindsay Pulsipher, who returns as Rollins’ troublesome sister, Kim.
Madsen will play Beth Anne Rollins, whom showrunner Warren Leight describes as a “very protective” matriarch. “In theory, Amanda Rollins is her successful daughter. [She’s] college-educated, a detective, moved to New York, so of course the mother likes the daughter who has a warrant out for her arrest, has been involved with very sketchy men and has run her life into the ground,” Leight tells THR. “Beth Anne Rollins thinks that daughter can’t make mistake and Amanda has turned her back on the family.”
Madsen and Pulsipher will both appear in the sixth episode of season 17, which coincidentally also marks Leight’s 100th episode since taking over as showrunner..
Madsen’s other credits include Monk, Hell on Wheels and Witches of East End. She is repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.
Law & Order: SVU returns on Wednesday, Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day