- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One day after ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game returned, the cable network launched rookie scripted series Jane By Design following the winter premiere of Switched at Birth.
Created by April Blair, Jane By Design had a better launch than The Lying Game last year, delivering 1.6 million total viewers at 9 p.m. on Tuesday evening. (Lying Game made its series debut with 1.4 million viewers.) In targeted female demos, Jane By Design pulled in solid numbers: women 18-34 (407,000) and women 18-49 (607,000).
Lead-in Switched at Birth returned for the second half of season 1 down from its summer run, averaging 2.7 million viewers at 8 p.m. The drama attracted 756,000 among the younger adults 18-34 demo and 1.3 million in adults 18-49.
Here are some other notable cable ratings:
- On Wednesday, the premiere telecast of the season finale of Discovery Channel’s Moonshiners lured 2.9 million viewers at 10 p.m. The season closer was the franchise’s highest-rated telecast ever, passing its Dec. 6 episode — which held the record — among adults 25-54 (1.7 vs. 1.6 rating).
- Discovery’s Sons of Guns drew 2.5 million viewers at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, serving as a lead-in to Moonshiners. That episode rated a 1.4 rating among adults 25-54.
- Wednesday marked the return of A&E’s Dog the Bounty Hunter, averaging 2.9 million viewers. Among adults 18-49, the eighth season premiere drew 1.7 million and the same amount in the older adults 25-54.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day