- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syfy has canceled its Battlestar Galactica spinoff Caprica.
The move comes on the heels of Syfy ordering a new spinoff pilot, titled Blood & Chrome.
Said Syfy in a statement: “The remaining first run episodes of Caprica – airing Tuesdays at 10/9c – will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2. These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.”
“We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for Caprica and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series,” said Mark Stern, programming head at Syfy. “Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, Caprica has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season.”
Caprica was well-regarded by critics, though some sci fi fans were frustrated with its pacing and terrestrial-bound setting. With Blood & Chrome, Syfy hopes to launch a series that’s more in line with the action-filled original series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day