- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syfy has promoted Chris Regina to senior vice president of programming, executive vice president of programming and original movies Thomas Vitale announced.
He will oversee acquisitions of studio-distributed theatrical films and television series, as well as retain his past responsibilities, which include managing the cable network’s scheduling and administration department and continuing supervision on original movies.
New York-based Regina moves up from the post of vice president of programming, a position that he has held since 2006.
“With his creativity and encyclopedic knowledge of the industry, Chris has been one of the driving forces in the tremendous success of Syfy over the past 14 years. We’re delighted to reward his many contributions through this well-earned deserved promotion,” Vitale said in a statement.
Regina joined Syfy in 1998 as director of scheduling and administration. He also worked at WGTW-TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day