- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syfy’s reinvigorated push into original genre series will include two returning series for the time being. The cable network announced Thursday that both Dominion and Defiance have been renewed for additional seasons.
Both orders are for 13 episodes, and both series will return to the schedule in 2015. The pair of Universal Cable Productions dramas were the only current originals not yet confirmed for new batches.
Defiance was one of Syfy’s bigger gambles when it launched in 2013. The drama’s freshman season had a combined price tag of $100 million with the tie-in video game. The show has been a solid performer, while the game’s launch was greeted with a more tepid reception.
Syfy continues to bulk up on originals, just this month ordering 13 episodes of Gale Anne Hurd drama Hunters and the long-gestating miniseries based on Arthur C. Clarke‘s Childhood’s End.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day