- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syfy is continuing with special effects makeup reality competition Face Off, but is tweaking the format for the upcoming eighth season.
Set for a Jan. 13, 2015, return, the long-running unscripted series will be incorporating coaches and teams in a twist similar to The Voice, which airs on sister network NBC. Former winners Rayce Bird (season two), Anthony Kosar (season four) and Laura Tyler (season five) will return in the premiere and pick five-member teams who they will coach throughout the “Return of the Champions”-themed season.
Ve Neill, who wrapped work on The Hunger Games franchise, will also return in a full-time capacity as a judge.
Face Off, which launched in January 2011, has been a reliable performer for Syfy. A season-seven winner will be crowned in the finale airing Oct. 28.
Face Off is executive produced by Dwight D. Smith, Michael Agbabian and Derek Atherton, and hails from Mission Control Media.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day