- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syfy is making up for its delayed renewal of Haven by doubling its order. The original drama, which closed its fourth season back in December, has received the green light for an additional 26 episodes.
The super-sized fifth season will debut the first 13 episodes in the fall, with the remaining expected to air some time in 2015.
Haven‘s fourth season marked boosts among adults 18-34 and 18-49, rising a respective 11 and 3 percent to totals of 314,000 and 926,000 viewers in the demos. Haven also averaged 2.3 million viewers every week, ranking second in adults 18-49 among original cable offerings in its Friday 10 p.m. slot.
Series regulars Emily Rose, Lucas Bryant and Eric Balfour will all return, with production getting underway in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in the spring.
Based on Stephen King‘s The Colorado Kid novella, Haven joins Defiance, Continuum and Being Human on the Syfy lineup. Fellow original Helix, which debuted to strong ratings earlier this month, also seems poised for a sophomore pickup.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day