- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syfy continues to build out its reality ranks. Several months after filling the alternative chief post with USA Network’s Heather Olander, the network has tapped AMC veteran Andie Beckerman for vp alternative development and production.
“With Andie’s passion for the genre and her keen creative instincts, she’s a tremendous addition to our programming team and to the future growth of the Syfy brand,” said Olander.
Prior to AMC pulling the plug on future reality efforts, Beckerman served as director of development for unscripted originals. She worked on the network’s bigger alternative projects such as Talking Dead, Comic Book Men and Game of Arms.
At Syfy, Beckerman will help build out the network’s nonscripted offerings in a bid to build on current hit Face Off. She will be based out of the network’s Los Angeles office.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day