- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of the season-six closer, the NBCUniversal-operated cable network has renewed the competition series for a seventh season with a July premiere.
The new season will follow a theme of “Life and Death” and will introduce a new judge, Oscar-winning makeup artist Lois Burwell (Lincoln, Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan). Every week, contestants will face creative challenges designed to inspire them to explore life, death, rebirth and mortality.
McKenzie Westmore is host, with judges Ve Neill, Glenn Hetrick and Neville Page. Michael Westmore serves as mentor.
Face Off hails from Mission Control Media. Dwight D. Smith, Michael Agbabian and Derek Atherton are executive producers.
The renewal comes as Syfy has been aggressively expanding its scripted slate with a slew of new dramas (Dominion, 12 Monkeys, Ascension, Olympus, The Expanse, Z Nation). The network has several unscripted series, including Opposite Worlds, Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge, Heroes of Cosplay, Ghost Hunters and Fangasm.
Face Off wraps up season six on April 22 at 9 p.m. on Syfy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day