- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Talk’s Sara Gilbert has been quiet about her break up with her partner of 10 years, television producer Alison Adler, in August. But on Friday’s live show, she broke her silence during a segment asking, “Is marriage all it’s cracked out to be?”
“I feel like I don’t know if marriage is all it’s cracked up to be,” Gilbert says. “I’ve never been married, but I was in a long relationship… Its emotional for me, because we’re not together.”
“I wouldn’t trade that time, it’s such a special time in my life,” she continues tearfully. “But then you see people in their 70s and you wonder how do they do it? How do they make it last? And I would like to think that I can.”
She goes on to mention their children together, six-year-old son Levi, and four-year-old daughter Sawyer.
“I will say that we have beautiful children together, a lot of love for each other,” she says. “You do continue in to the next chapter together in a different way.”
Blame guest co-host Kris Jenner for getting Gilbert all worked up. She started it first by tearing up as she recalled her first marriage to attorney Robert Kardashian.
Watch the video above.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day