- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taye Diggs doesn’t have a reputation for going unnoticed, but he might have been lurking in the background of The Good Wife all along. CBS announced Monday that the actor has booked multiple episodes of its critically adored drama, playing a lawyer at the series’ central firm.
Diggs has been cast as Dean Levine-Wilkins, a “meticulous and talented” equity partner at Lockhart/Gardner who follows Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski) out the door for the unfamiliar pastures of Alicia (Julianna Margulies) and Cary’s (Matt Czuchry) startup, Florrick/Agos.
“We couldn’t be more excited to have Taye on the show,” said executive producers and showrunners Robert and Michelle King. “We’ve been huge fans for years and love his ability to play comedy and drama with equal ease.”
Diggs is not the only new face to The Good Wife this season. Having said goodbye to lead Josh Charles this past season, the series welcomes back Matthew Goode as a series regular with the sixth season.
Currently starring in TNT summer drama Murder in the First, Diggs is repped by ICM and Management 360.
The Good Wife returns Sept. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day