- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Fox’s New Girl is continuing its impressive track record of nabbing stellar guest stars.
Just days after Justified Emmy winner Margo Martindale guest starred as Nick’s mother, the sophomore comedy has enlisted Taylor Swift, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Swift will play an “important guest” at Cece (Hannah Simone) and Shivrang’s (Satya Bhabha) wedding and appear in the May 14 season finale of the Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris starrer.
PHOTOS: Up Close and Adorkable With the Cast of ‘New Girl’
For Swift, the New Girl cameo marks her latest acting role following a 2009 episode of CBS’ CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and hosting (and performing) on NBC’s Saturday Night Live. On the feature side, her credits include Valentine’s Day and a voice role in the animated film The Lorax.
She becomes New Girl‘s latest high-profile guest star this season, joining Martindale, Olivia Munn, Nick Kroll, Dennis Farina, Brooklyn Decker, Nate Corddry, Nate Corddry, David Walton, Josh Gad, Rob Reiner and Jamie Lee Curtis, among others.
Seven-time Grammy winner Swift is repped by WME.
New Girl airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day