- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There aren’t many celebrities who would invite random fans over to their home. But that didn’t stop Taylor Swift from recently rolling out the welcome mat.
The pop superstar, whose album 1989 hit stores this week, talked to David Letterman on Tuesday about her recent secret sessions, in which she invited 89 fans (get it — as in, 1989?) to each of her four homes for an advance listening party of the new album.
Swift, who was greeted by a lengthy standing ovation from the Late Show‘s studio audience, revealed that the events at her homes lasted a whopping five hours, during which time the guests were fed dinner and got to hear the singer share amusing anecdotes.
Letterman seemed completely baffled by all of this and wanted to know if the fans’ parents were on hand, or if there was security. “If [the guests] were under 18, then they could bring their parents, which was hilarious,” she said.
The clip can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day