- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TBS is appealing to Hobbit moviegoers to launch its geek-themed King of the Nerds.
The trailer for the upcoming reality competition series, hosted by Revenge of the Nerds duo Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong, will unspool Friday during previews ahead of Peter Jackson‘s The Hobbit.
The clip, seen below exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, features the 11 contestants competing to be crowned the quintessential master of all things nerdy and a cash prize of $100,000. The contestants will shack up in what TBS has dubbed “Nerdvana” and face challenges including a giant game of chess, debate, live gaming and (gasp!) a dance-off.
The series, which will be guest judged by Star Trek‘s George Takei, Kevin Smith and his frequent collaborator Jason Mewes, is exec produced by Electus’ Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox and 5X5 Media’s Rick Ringbakk and Craig Armstrong as well as Carradine and Armstrong.
The eight-episode series will debut Thursday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. on TBS. Watch the Hobbit-themed trailer, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. Will you tune in?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day