- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marlon Wayans is heading to TBS. The comedian, actor and WhatTheFunny.com founder is teaming up with the Turner network for a new unscripted series set to launch this summer.
Funniest Wins (working title) puts Wayans, other members of the Wayans family and their comedian friends on a search to find new comedy talent. It joins TBS’s other comedic reality competitions King of the Nerds and Deal With It — both returning for sophomore seasons.
The eight-episode order comes to TBS from Workaholic/Marlon and Eyeworks USA. Wayans, Rick Alvarez and Lisa Blum will all serve as exec producers for Workaholic/Marlon, and JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Brant Pinvidic and Adam Kaloustian are executive producing for Eyeworks USA. Steve Harris is producing.
Each week will see a group of amateur comedians whittled down until one is ultimately crowned winner. And the victor will have the chance to star in an online series on Wayans’ digital hub.
The addition of Funniest Wins comes as both TNT and TBS continue to beef up their unscripted and alternative offerings.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day