- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In addition to talking inspiration and teasers about what’s coming up in the spring, Fox’s Tuesday night comedy panel also touched on the crazy and absurd — tarantulas on babies, a Season 2 fairy and more.
Featuring Raising Hope‘s Garret Dillahunt, Martha Plimpton and Greg Garcia; New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel and Liz Meriwether; and Breaking In’s Megan Mullally, Christian Slater and Adam F. Goldberg, here are 10 of the funniest quotes from the session.
1. “My first day of shooting was yesterday, all I can say is that I am adorkable.” — Mullally on her new Breaking In character, referencing Fox’s New Girl marketing and Deschanel’s summer 2010 “adorkable” TCA panel.
2. “I do believe in fairies! I do believe in fairies!” — Slater revealing the voice mail he left for exec producer Goldberg after getting word the series had been brought back from the dead for a second season.
PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes of ‘New Girl’
3. “April’s going to be rape month on Fox!” — Meriwether joking about Fox’s upcoming story lines.
4. “Yes, I will be doing the Party Down movie.” — Mullally. “A Party Down movie?! That’s awesome!” — Meriwether
5. “We had a tarantula crawl over her face while she’s sleeping and she didn’t budge. … The babies hate the tarantulas … they’re a couple of pussies!” — Garcia on what Hope‘s Cloris Leachman and the babies would do.
STORY: THR’s 2011 Rule Breakers
6. “Aren’t we all?!” — Plimpton after being asked if she thinks her Hope character Virginia Chance is adorkable, too.
7. “I just pulled it right out of my ass!” — Mullally on developing her character.
8. “We put clothes on him but he just keeps taking them off; we have a big naked moment coming up,” Meriwether on what’s coming up for Max Greenfield‘s Schmidt.
9. “I want to make sure I say this in a public forum: Please, more of it!” Hope‘s Garcia expressing his demand that New Girl’s Schmidt appear naked on screen more often.
10. “First of all, f— you, do you know who I am?!” — Garcia, sharing a conversation he had with his 11-year-old son who says Schmidt’s “tiny nipples” make New Girl the “funniest show on TV.”
The second season of Breaking In joins Fox’s Tuesday lineup March 6, airing at 8:30 p.m., between encore and original episodes of New Girl while Glee is on its spring hiatus.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Christina Ricci Says She Was Threatened With Lawsuit Over Declining to Do a Sex Scene in a “Certain Way”
Jason Sudeikis, ‘Ted Lasso’ Cast Promote Mental Health Awareness at White House With Surprise Appearance by Trent Crimm Actor
‘Vanderpump Rules’ Trailer Shows Tom Sandoval and Ariana Madix’s Tense Post-Scandal Sit-Down
‘Yellowjackets’ Creators Get Real on Season 2 Pressure, Showtime Tumult and Spinoffs: “We Have a Couple of Ideas”