- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The third season premiere of MTV’s Teen Mom on July 5 was the most-watched debut in franchise history with 3.65 million viewers tuning in.
That made Teen Mom the No. 1 program on cable on Tuesday among viewers 12-34 and the top-rated program across all of television among female viewers aged 12-34.
The premiere was down slightly compared to the second season average of 3.8 million viewers. But it’s nevertheless a healthy bow for the MTV franchise, which has traditionally trended up as the season progresses. The second season finale pulled in more than five million viewers.
The third season features many familiar faces including Farah Abraham, Amber Portwood, Maci Bookout and Catelynn Lowell. Abraham revealed that she’ll undergo breast augmentation surgery, while Portwood and Gary Shirley, the father of her child, enter therapy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day