- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a fifth season.
Executive producer Jeff Davis announced at Thursday’s Comic-Con panel in Ballroom 20 that the series will return for an expanded two-part 20-episode run.
PHOTOS Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters
Dylan Sprayberry, who joined the show early in the current season, has been promoted to series regular for the new season.
The renewal news doesn’t come as much of a surprise for one of MTV’s top scripted dramas. Currently in the middle of its fourth season, Teen Wolf returned to 2.2 million viewers for its June 23 launch and has averaged around 1.7 million viewers.
Teen Wolf remains a a valuable property for MTV, which is seeking to expand its presence in the scripted arena with presold titles with its recent series order for Shannara. With Teen Wolf remaining in the MTV family, it joins originals Awkward, Faking It, Finding Carter and the upcoming Happyland.
Teen Wolf was developed by Davis, who also serves as executive producer. Additional executive producers include Russell Mulcahy, Marty Adelstein, Rene Echevarria, Tony DiSanto, Liz Gateley and Ian Stokes. Tyler Posey, Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Holland Roden, Shelley Hennig, Arden Cho and Sprayberry star.
Watch the midseason trailer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day