- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The hit scripted drama will air the first half of its super-sized 24-episode season beginning Monday, June 3 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, the network announced Tuesday.
This season will be the first to have shot in Los Angeles and will see star Colton Haynes, who played lacrosse captain Jackson Whitmore, departing the series. The actor can now be seen on The CW’s Arrow.
According to a release, the storyline will pick up three months after the events of the season-two finale, which left Jackson nearly dead and resurrected baddie werewolf Peter Hale (Ian Bohen). Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), Stiles (Dylan O’Brien), Lydia Martin (Holland Roden) and Allison Argent (Crystal Reed) begin their junior year of high school, unaware of the new pack of Alpha wolves infiltrating Beacon Hills. Their objective: to bring Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin) into their group.
Season three also has a new crop of characters entering the fold, including twin Alphas Ethan and Aiden, played by Charlie and Max Carver; Gideon Emery as Deucalion, leader of the new Alphas; Felisha Terrell as an Alpha; and Adelaide Kane as Cora, a tough 17-year-old with ties to the Beacon Hills werewolves.
E-mail: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day