- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox football analyst Terry Bradshaw did not take part in the network’s coverage Sunday after his son-in-law died the night before.
Fox issued a statement about the absence, explaining that the former Pittsburgh Steelers legend “flew home to take care of his family.”
During their pregame coverage Sunday, broadcasters on both Fox and CBS offered their condolences to Bradshaw and his family.
Rob Bironas, who spent nine seasons as a kicker for the Tennessee Titans until he was released in March, died when he lost control of his truck Saturday night. Rob, who was 36, married Terry’s daughter Rachel Bradshaw in June.
In a statement on the department website, Metro Nashville Police said Bironas’ SUV was speeding when it went off the road and hit a line of trees before coming to a stop upside-down in a culvert.
Bironas was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Police said there was no evidence of alcohol or drugs at the scene.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day