- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former TV chef Antony Worral Thompson was caught on camera, shoplifting wine and cheese from Britain’s largest grocery store chain, Tesco.
The 60-year-old appeared frequently on the U.K. daytime cooking program Ready Steady Cook until the show’s cancellation in 2010, and also also competed in the 2003 second season of I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!
Thompson was caught on-camera in a self-checkout line after neglecting to scan several items, including cheese and bottles of wine, before bagging them. Tesco says they witnessed him carrying on this scheme during several previous occasions.
Thompson apologized for the shoplifting incident, saying he’d been “stupid and irresponsible.” He also appealed to Tesco, hoping to mend their “long and genuine working relationship” and make amends with the company in the future.
Tesco owns and operates grocery and lifestyle stores around the globe, including the popular Hollywood store Fresh & Easy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day