- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is adding another series to its sizable roster of game shows.
The network has given a series order to The Chase, a show in which teams of contestants try to beat a trivia expert, or “chaser,” head to head. All-time Jeopardy champions Ken Jennings, James Holzhauer and Brad Rutter will rotate as the chasers in the game.
The View‘s Sara Haines will host the show. A premiere date hasn’t been set.
Jennings, Holzhauer and Rutter took part in ABC’s primetime Jeopardy: The Greatest of All Time tournament in January. The four-night event was a huge hit for the network, averaging better than 14 million viewers per episode.
The Chase is based on a British game show from Potato, which is part of ITV Studios. ITV America’s ITV Entertainment will produce the ABC show, with Adam Sher, Bernie Schaeffer and Vin Rubino executive producing.
The ABC show will be the second time The Chase has aired in the United States. Game Show Network aired its version of the show for four seasons starting in 2013. The show was nominated for a Daytime Emmy for outstanding game show in 2014, and host Brooke Burns was nominated for outstanding game show.
Holzhauer was a contestant on The Chase before becoming one of Jeopardy‘s biggest winners ever. A clip of him on the show is below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day