- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Here’s a first look at the new royals in The Crown season five.
The duo are taking over for actors Emma Corrin and Josh O’Connor, who held the roles in season four of the show.
“Princess Diana’s spirit, her words and her actions live in the hearts of so many,” Debicki previously wrote in a statement. “It is my true privilege and honor to be joining this masterful series, which has had me absolutely hooked from episode one.”
The Crown was at one point expected to end with season five, but Netflix has since confirmed the show will extend to at least a sixth season.
“As we started to discuss the storylines for series five, it soon became clear that in order to do justice to the richness and complexity of the story we should go back to the original plan and do six seasons,” creator Peter Morgan said in a statement. “To be clear, series six will not bring us any closer to present-day — it will simply enable us to cover the same period in greater detail.”
The Crown season five is expected to premiere in 2022.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day