- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aside from the AMC series, the Vancouver native stars in the futuristic drama series Continuum premiering on Canada’s Showcase on May 27, and has appeared on The Secret Circle and Tower Prep. The actor also recently completed shooting for the feature film Rufus, starring Kim Coates (Sons of Anarchy) and Kelly Rowan (The O.C.).
So, while his character on The Killing remains a mystery, the 20-year-old has agreed to share some personal details about himself in a guest blog for The Hollywood Reporter. Here are five things you didn’t know about Richard Harmon.
1. I love eating at restaurants by myself. That’s not to say that I don’t enjoy having company most of the time, but I have found myself eating on my lonesome more and more in the last year. There is something about it that I find quite relaxing. I think it’s because when you eat on your own everything is dictated at your own pace. I am never in a rush.
2. Bob Dylan is my idol. Everybody has that person growing up that made them see things a little differently than they did before, Dylan is that guy for me. My dad gave me the Blonde on Blonde album on cassette tape when I was seven or eight. It took me a while to get into Dylan’s vibe, but once I did I never looked back. No matter where you are in your life, I think Bob has a song for that time and place. Of course, there are many other public figures that I look up to as well, but as of this point in my life, Dylan has been the guy.
3. I take laser tag incredibly seriously. I am an extremely competitive person — most likely a little over the top at times, but that’s just who I am. My friends and I will often go out and play laser tag on Friday nights. We also paint our faces for the occasion. Yes, we are that great. Laser tag is not a game for the weak of heart, on many accounts we have left with multiple cuts and bruises.
4. I love SpongeBob SquarePants! Whenever I’m sad, I just put on SpongeBob and I cheer up. If you think Spongebob is just for kids, go and watch it and you will find that it is nearly impossible to not smile at that nautical fun-loving sponge. I honestly enjoy the show more now than I did when I was young.
5. I make a playlist for every character I portray. Music plays a huge part in helping me understand a character. Every time I get a new role, I will take a chunk of time to just sit and listen to a bunch of songs and select the ones that make sense in my mind for that character. I can’t even explain how much it helps me. I listen to the playlist on-set pretty much any chance I get in between scenes.
The Killing airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on AMC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day