- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ellie Kemper is no longer a bridesmaid.
The actress, who co-starred in last summer’s box office hit Bridesmaids and also is a regular on NBC’s comedy The Office, wed her longtime boyfriend, Michael Koman, on Saturday in New York, her rep told People.
Kemper announced her engagement on TBS’ Conan in December. Koman is a former writer for the host’s NBC show Late Night With Conan O’Brien as well as The Colbert Report.
“He’s a really good guy,” said O’Brien of Koman, who also is the co-creator of Adult Swim series Eagleheart, on the December episode where Kemper shared her news.
While Kemper told O’Brien that Koman is adored by most of her family, she did tell a story about her grandfather grilling him during Thanksgiving and telling her to “keep her options open” while making a pecan vs. pumpkin pie reference.
“My grandpa said, ‘Ellie, what kind of pie are you gonna have?’ and I said, ‘I don’t know, Grandpa. They both look really good. I think I’ll have pecan,'” she said. “He said, ‘Are you sure, Ellie, because it’s OK to keep your options open. You don’t have to settle on a pie right now.’
“He was like, ‘Who knows what other pies might present themselves?'”
The Office’s ninth season premieres Sept. 20.
Watch her announcement on Conan below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day