- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After undergoing a panel makeover, the second season of CBS’ The Talk is shaping up nicely in the ratings.
According to Nielsen, last week delivered the series highest audience ever. It also matched its recent best showing in the targeted women 18-49 demographic.
For the week ending on Jan. 27, The Talk averaged 2.45 million viewers and a 0.9 among women 18-49. The show also brought in a 1.1 in women 25-54, tying its second-highest score in the group.
These numbers come during the dawn of ABC’s The Revolution. The lifestyles talker, which replaced One Life to Live on Jan. 16, dropped from 1.68 million to 1.53 million in its second week. The Talk topped the series in head-to-head competition by 60 percent in viewers and 80 percent among women 18-49.
Year-over-year, Talk is up 8 percent in viewers and 13 percent in women 18-49.
Its biggest comparable, The View, still bests it in viewers and the demo. ABC’s veteran panel recently averaged 3.76 million viewers and 1.1 in targeted women.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day