- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer and actress dropped by the THR Covers Lounge recently and shared her sage advice for the show’s performers and anyone struggling to break in to the business.
“I’ve been in the music industry, I’ve been in the acting field for a very long time,” the 30-year-old says. “I’ve had my ups and downs and I still believe and I will not give up.”
“Maybe not everything is meant to be,” she goes on to say. “But I do believe that maybe mistakes are lessons learned or it’s just an experience for you to grow through, so that you can get to a better place.”
Eleven years after her self-titled debut album, Milian has signed on to rapper Lil Wayne’s record label, Young Money Entertainment. And she’s currently in the studio working on her fourth album, which she says will range from dance music to R&B-pop.
“I think this is going to be the most exciting, most meaningful album I’ve ever made,” Milian says.
Find out what else Milian has to say about breaking into the music business and her upcoming album in the video above.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day