- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Voice has added another mentor for its third season.
“Welcome Billie Joe (@BJAofficial) to #TeamXtina!” the tweet read. “We are ready to rock out in Season 3.”
Armstrong said he and his family are fans of the show in a statement to the Associated Press.
The Voice has become a hit because “it’s not molding artists, it’s just giving them a little bit of guidance and direction without giving them a complete makeover,” he said, adding that working with Aguilera is “a lot of fun.”
Armstrong started taping Wednesday on The Voice, which has been in production since June.
Green Day has three albums coming out in quick succession, with the first, Uno!, to be released Sept. 25. The band also is releasing two documentaries to coincide with the new album trilogy.
Previous Voice mentors have included Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert, Alanis Morissette and Robin Thicke.
The third season of the show, which is hosted by Carson Daly, premieres Sept. 10.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day