- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Whether or not they think they were robbed on Monday’s battle rounds on The Voice, The Shields Brothers show that there’s no love lost between them and their former coach Cee Lo Green with a cover of his hit, “Forget You.”
All Rixeyville, Va. garage rockers Tristan and Rory Shields wanted to do was “punch America in the face with rock and roll.” And during the blind auditions, they did just that with a spirited performance of Generation X’s (and later Billy Idol’s) “Dancing With Myself.”
It had Cee Lo’s head bobbing from the start. They even had Christina Aguilera confused, asking “What’s going on?” And Blake Shelton saying it sounded like chaos. That’s rock and roll.
After Cee Lo dropped the duo on Monday evening, they dropped their rendition of his song – complete with references to his white cat, Purrfect, and enough wardrobe changes to make their clotheshorse of a coach proud.
Watch the video below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day