- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Reno 911‘s Thomas Lennon is heading to NBC.
The actor-writer-comedian-producer has joined the cast of the network’s Sean Hayes/Victor Fresco comedy pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The pilot centers on Sean (Will & Grace’s Hayes), a guy who must figure out how to parent his 14-year-old daughter — who just moved in — while juggling a temperamental new boss at work.
Lennon, who played Lt. Jim Dangle on the Comedy Central series, will play Max, the owner of the online retail company where Sean is employed. He’s described as being blunt, gruff and seemingly fine with not being liked.
Better Off Ted‘s Fresco will pen the Universal Television multicamera pilot and executive produce alongside Hayes and Todd Milliner.
Alice alum Linda Lavin will play Sean’s tough and sometimes unreasonable mother, Lorna; Ben and Kate‘s Echo Kellum will play Hunter, his artistically inclined co-worker.
In addition to Reno 911 and its subsequent feature, Lennon’s credits include The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, episodes of How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Apartment 23 and Childrens Hospital. Repped by CAA, Principato-Yuong and Jackoway Tyerman, his feature work includes Bad Teacher, I Love You, Man,Hancock and 17 Again.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant