- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tiffany Haddish joined Late Night host Seth Meyers and his writers Amber Ruffin and Jenny Hagel for a new “Jokes Seth Can’t Tell” segment.
After getting help delivering punchlines about subjects like rhino extinction and lesbian tech developers, Haddish joined the trio to offer assistance with a joke about Denzel Washington’s upcoming Broadway stint in The Iceman Cometh. “And the women in the audience will also cometh,” Haddish offered after Meyers set up the joke.
After delivering her punchline, Haddish suggested Meyers should try one. After some convincing from Ruffin and Hagel, Meyers agreed to try his hand at a punchline.
“A new study has found that the average mom gets one hour and seven minutes of time to herself every day, and she uses it to complain,” said Meyers, prompting much dissension from Ruffin, Hagel and Haddish.
“You lied to me,” joked Meyers. “Black women and lesbians are liars.”
Watch the video above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day