- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL quarterback — and current New York Mets minor leaguer — will join commentators Matt “Money” Smith and Maria Taylor on the series. The show offers contestants $1 million if they can complete the mile-long course, which CBS describes as “the most challenging ever designed,” and avoid the crew of elite athletes whose sole job is to stop them.
“Watching good people compete at their highest ability is always inspirational to me,” said Tebow. “Million Dollar Mile is a show that does just that — it motivates, thrills and is aspirational. I’m excited to be hosting this show.”
Smith, the radio voice of the L.A. Chargers, and ESPN host Taylor will join Tebow in front of the camera, offering commentary on the competitors and their challenges.
Million Dollar Mile comes from Big Brother executive producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, through their Fly on the Wall Entertainment. James and his SpringHill Entertainment partner Maverick Carter are also executive producers. Warner Horizon Unscripted & Alternative Television produces.
The series is currently in production in Los Angeles. A premiere date hasn’t been set.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day