- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There have been some comparisons made between Tim Tebow’s burst in popularity and what fellow Christian and New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin is experiencing right now. And the Denver Bronco says he has great respect for the basketball player.
“I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know him over the last few weeks and what a great guy he is,” Tebow tells ESPN, though he says that they haven’t met in person. “And I just with him the best of luck. How he handles himself and how he carries himself, I think he’s a great role model. And I’m proud of it.”
Lin has found himself in the center of an alarming amount of fan appreciation, but recently tasted defeat after a streak of wins. He then became the object of what was perceived to be a racist headline that led to ESPN firing its writer.
The NFL player has also enjoyed similar attention as well as some media backlash for it and has some advice for Lin on how to weather the storm.
“I think he’s handling himself great and I think he can take care of himself,” he says. “And I just say keep being true to him and keep working hard and don’t listen to everybody else.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day