- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Time Warner Cable said on Friday that it has launched TWC TV for Apple’s iPhone.
TWC TV allows subscribers of the second-largest U.S. cable operator to watch live TV from within the home, change channels on their set-top box and manage their DVR from their iPhone.
The features are available at no additional cost to Time Warner Cable video customers that have a broadband connection. The interactive program guide, channel tuning and DVR management features require a set-top box or DVR using the “Navigator” interactive program guide. The company said the TWC TV app is now available for download from the App Store. It didn’t say how many users it expects to draw.
TW Cable was one of the most visible pay TV providers at CES 2012 this month, which drew a positive review from Wells Fargo analyst Marci Ryvicker.
Last year, TW Cable ended up in disputes with such cable network owners as Viacom over streamed content on iPads that the cable operator had made available.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day