- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
30 Rock is keeping things very current for its final season.
And while Jack (Alec Baldwin) and Liz (Tina Fey) team up to run their fictional NBC into the ground with shows like God Cop, O.J. Simpson Live and Cricket Night in America, they are disagreeing on the upcoming presidential election.
This Thursday’s (Nov. 1) episode, “There’s No I in America,” takes on the race with less than a week to go before people actually hit the polls — and Jack and Liz once again butt heads over Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Liz, unsurprisingly, is voting to reelect President Obama and begs the undecided Jenna (Jane Krakowski) to do the same. “Don’t listen to him,” she says in the clip below. “What American needs is four more years of the stuff Obama’s been doing like… um….”
The character also gave a not quite eloquent rant in last week’s episode when she and Jack attended a Romney fundraiser.
The real Fey recently gave Obama a much more coherent endorsement while speaking at the Center for Reproductive Rights Inaugural Gala in New York City. “If I have to listen to one more grey-faced man with a $2 haircut explain to me what rape is,” she warned, “I’m going to lose my mind.”
Watch the preview of 30 Rock below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Framing Britney Spears
Michael K. Williams
The Late Show