- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The star of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot — which is “not a broad comedy; it’s a very human story about people who get addicted to this adrenaline lifestyle” — who plays a war correspondent in Afghanistan, explained on Tuesday’s Today how she came to reprise her impersonation of the former Alaska governor on the NBC series, on the heels of Palin’s endorsement of Donald Trump.
“When I saw that endorsement happening, I texted them and said, ‘I will be around,’ ” Fey said of letting the SNL team know of her availability for a sketch that even featured a replica of the jacket that sold out after Palin’s appearance.
Does she miss her old Weekend Update desk throughout this election season? Yes. But “it’s a very hard job. It’s such a weird ugly election this year — I don’t want to be them,” she confessed.
Paramount Pictures releases Whiskey Tango Foxtrot this Friday.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day