- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
TLC’s new series, All-American Muslim, scored solid ratings for the network with close to two million viewers tuning in to last week’s season premiere. At the same time, it has attracted a lot of attention from viewers about the show’s Dearborn, Mich. cast members and how they reflect the lifestyles of American Muslims.
VIDEO: All-American Muslim Premiere Preview
On the series premiere, we saw Jeff, an Irish Catholic, convert to Islam, so that he can marry Muslim fiancé Shadia. On Sunday’s episode, we’ll see another example of how the religion is expressed in the cast members’ lives when the Islamic month of fasting, Ramadan, arrives.
In The Hollywood Reporter’s exclusive clip above, Fouad, the coach of the predominately Muslim Fordson High School football team, creates a novel way of continuing practice around the fasting rules of Ramadan. We also see how that affects one of the few non-Muslim athletes.
All-American Muslim airs Sundays at 10 p.m. on TLC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day