- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TLC debuts its new docu-series, DUI, on Thursday at 9 p.m. The series rides along with highway patrol as they detect and arrest people driving under the influence. It then takes a look at the drivers’ lives to better understand what landed them with a DUI in the first place.
The Hollywood Reporter has a first look at one of the people featured in the series premiere: The very extreme case of Jimmy, who actually asks to be arrested after police discover marijuana in his possession. And he later admits to drinking a six or 12 pack of beer every day.
Jimmy reminds me of when I got my first big job at a newspaper. I had to take a drug test as part of the hiring process. When I arrived at the clinic, they had me blow into a breathalyzer first. That was surprising to me. “If someone knew their job depended on this test, why would they drink beforehand?” I asked the doctor. He told me that I’d be surprised at how many people fail that first test, because they couldn’t resist having a drink due to their addiction.
Jimmy, I suppose, would be one of those people who wouldn’t be able to resist having a drink despite the consequences. Watch the sneak peek below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro